I used the classic recipe from Better Homes and Gardens:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter (no substitutes)
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Coarse sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin pan cups. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, the 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Make a well in the center of dry mixture; set aside.
3. Combine eggs, milk, butter, and orange peel; add all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each almost full. If desired, sprinkle tops with coarse sugar. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Makes 12.
As in the actual top of the muffin... not having a muffin top myself. No thanks on that.