I'm back from another trip including planes, trains and automobiles. And I'm too exhausted to walk to the kitchen(that's right! I can no longer roll out of the bed and be in the kitchen - gotta love having a ONE BEDROOM apartment - wahoo!!) to get my pictures so I can update the blog... so I'm stalling.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
25 Things About Me
I have been wanting to do this because several of my blogging friends have listed things about themselves, and I've enjoyed reading them/learning more about my friends. So, here goes:
1. I'm skipping church today. Guess I just feel like I should come clean about that. I did watch Thomas Road on TV - I still stop for anything "Liberty" or TRBC when I'm flipping channels. I still kind of have a crush on Charles Billingsley, is that okay?
2. I'm short and overweight. I blame the second on the first. However, I have mastered the art of looking fabulous in pictures. I often think I look better in photographs than I do in person.
3. I say "y'all" and "use to could." Don't hate. I realized when I lived in Pittsburgh that I am a little bit "southern." I realized when I went to college that "use to could" was not a phrase that everyone a) said or b) understood.
4. I don't like to be hot inside or cold outside. I like summer, I don't like winter. I always use A/C but almost never use heat. I drive with the air conditioning on and the sunroof open!
5. No matter how poor I am at any given moment, there are two things I never buy on the cheap: Toilet paper and Paper Towels... I have to have Cottonelle and Viva!
6. The reason I have to have super soft paper towels is because I use them to blow my nose. I inherited a nose that blows incredibly hard. It sounds like a tuba and has force like a hurricane wind tunnel. Tissues just don't cut it.
7. If I blow my nose in front of you, consider yourself among the elite circle of my friends (or family) ... not everyone gets in that far! :)
8. I almost never watch television. I watch movies even less frequently. This is mostly because if I sit anywhere watching one thing for more than 20 minutes, I'll be asleep!
9. I'm impossible to watch the news with. I'm constantly commenting and critiquing and I think I know it all. It's annoying - I can even tell myself.
10. I love to read and at any given time, I'm usually in the middle of three books.... usually a combination of something about God, something about News and something written by Nicholas Sparks.
11. I could never live in a place where Target is more than 15 minutes away.
12. I never get sick of Chick-Fil-A. Ever.
13. I'm addicted to Facebook.
14. When I was a kid, I was a major liar. Not to get myself out of trouble... like normal kids. I would come up with elaborate fantasies and tell people they were true. My brother did this, too. I have no idea why... but now it's hilarious, looking back.
15. I was head captain of the cheerleaders at Indian River High School in Chesapeake, VA. This is one of those things that was a huge deal at the time, but it makes me laugh when I think back on it. I took it so seriously! Now, when I go to football games, I realize people are watching the FOOTBALL players, not the cheerleaders, hahahahaha!
16. In fairness, though, I can step back and see that I learned some major life lessons from my experience in cheerleading. Seriously. I'm not mocking here. I learned a lot about motivating people, getting people to work as a team, executing a vision, how to lead, how to pick battles, and how to play the political games that we all do in life.
17. I think I will always look up to my sister, Tracy. In so many ways, I still hope I can be "as cool as she is." When I was little, and she was out with her friends, I used to go sit on her bed and look at the stuff in her room, thinking "when I'm a teenager, I'm going to have exactly all of this stuff."
18. I miss being involved in Youth Ministry. I know I will be again one day, when my schedule changes and allows me to. It's close to my heart because I became a Christian when I was 16. What a turning point in my life! That was 12 years ago this summer - and I think about it every July 21st.
19. The last thing I think of before I fall asleep is my boyfriend. Usually it's something about how I miss him, or dreaming of the next time I will see him. But sometimes I get really sappy and thankful for how we came together. I'm humbled and honored.
20. The first thing I do when I get up is get the coffee maker going. I usually drink about 3 cups of coffee. (which is really more like 5 cups, probably)
21. I can't work out without my ipod. No exceptions.
22. I organize for fun. Seriously. I love it. It's a hobby. My closet is color-coded and I hang pictures in closets.
23. The most I've ever paid to get into an event is $200. It was a Virginia Tech football game, against Miami. They lost and I froze. I'd like to say I wouldn't do it again, but I probably would. I tend to get very caught up in the moment!
24. My favorite color is currently Green. But in the past, I have also loved Pink, Blue, Teal and Red. This is always changing.
25. So is my favorite food. But I won't ever turn down steak, blackened tuna, pot roast, or my Aunt Clara's blueberry yum-yum.